Monday, September 19, 2011

McDonalds

After viewing CNBC’s Big Mac: Inside the McDonald’s Empire, I learned the ups and downs to owning the company that has spread worldwide. I learned many new things about the McDonalds company, some being good and most being not so good. Things such as their efforts to becoming a healthier choice and there ways of making the food make me question how sanitary each store is. After watching this video I want to cut fast food out of my choices of meals when I am on the go. I saw things that they do in the kitchen that I wish I never saw because I have
had McDonalds in my life and I never realized how unsanitary it is.

One of the key problems that McDonalds has is making people obese.
They have been blamed for making children obese in their early ages because
they have the most calories in their products. Their food is very unhealthy and
many people don’t choice to go there because the amount of calories that one
happy meal ha. Also, after watching the movie it makes me wondering how long
ago my meal has been cooked and has just been sitting under a heater to keep it
warm. This video also makes me wonder how often they clean their machines and
trays that they use every day.


Another thing that surprised me is how much food they sell every day. I would never have guessed that they sell that much knowing how un-healthy it is. They do have healthier option such as salads, apples, and milk for a drink but a majority of the customers go for the burgers and fries. Another thing that shocked me was that they have personal chiefs that brainstorm new meals for the company. They try to
come up with healthier food to better the menu.


Even though on top of all that, McDonalds is still the most
profitable company in the world and has many restaurants all over spreading
from the east coast to China. I believe that they will keep growing and being profitable
by making the consumers satisfied and add healthier choices to the menu. Over
all, McDonalds is a growing franchise that has the ability to keep spreading
throughout the world.


No comments: