Monday, December 12, 2011

Course Evaluation

Rich Smith
Business & Society
12/12/11

During the past semester this class was my only class that brought me true interest and had my full attention. I am extremely determined to become at prominent business man in the future, accounting is my intended major. Even though am in some accounting classes, I am ahead of the course I was taking, so it was quite boring for me. So this being my only other class in relation to my major it became the class I endeared the most effort into.

I would have to say doing both of the presentations was one of my favorite parts of the class. Hoping of being a business man as a career I know at one point I will most likely have to give some form of presentation of information type meeting. So the real experience of explaining something in front of an audience was great experience. My first presentation was the one about electronic cigarettes was quite interesting to learn about. Even though I do not smoke it’s still interesting to learn how an electronic cigarette works. Next was the group presentation that we just did recently and I did mine on Jake Burton and Ken Block learning about those two entrepreneurs was very interesting. The thing that caught my eye the most was how Jake Burton created the whole idea of snowboarding; introducing the boots and bindings rather than the original base model of "grip pads and a rope".

Through me passing this class and having a good feeling of understanding the course I know it will only further me more with my learning and attaining a great career. I have taken a course similar to this but it was only half year course and of course it’s at a high school level which to me was a much slower pace. Learning at a much faster pace I was able to learn much more knowledge of business in this course than the one in high school. To end it all I found the class very interesting and has only helped me more with what I plan to do in my future; to come.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/business/economy/recession-crimped-incomes-of-the-richest-americans.html?ref=economy

2 comments:

mike bane said...

Rich, I liked your response because I had a lot of similarities in mine. I also am very interested in become a successful business man one day so this class definitely interested me and drew my full attention. Unfortunately I'm not interested in the accounting side of it like you are. I also enjoyed doing the two projects in this class because I also gained a lot of experience presenting in front of people. I think even between my first and second presentation I gained more confidence and was able to perform better in front of the class. In all, I really enjoyed the class as well and it was nice to take a class that was at a fast pace where I could learn a lot of information in a short amount of time. Unlike, in high school where a half of a year course meant you weren’t going to learn as much.

Justinelavoiee said...

I agree Rich I liked the presentation part of the class because it gave me a chance to learn about other people and how they made a living and all the things they had to go through. I've never had a business course in high school so this was my first time of having something to do with business but your lucky that you are ahead of everything. I also agree that this was a very good experience on how businesses work and what it feels like.