Sunday, December 11, 2011

Billy Manzi

Sociology

12/11/2011

Reflection

The topics that we covered in MGMT 100, include how to succeed in the world as an entrepreneur, the people that have succeeded in this world and why, and more. While working on projects this year, I learned a lot about being an entrepreneur. While researching the founder of Under-Armour, I leaned that he was just a college kid like me that wanted to make clothing that would not get wet while working out or playing for his team. With this simple idea the man became a millionaire!

I learned a lot about myself while working on my projects this semester, I leaned that while working by myself I sometimes become a bit distracted, as compared to, working with a partner, like Brett, I tend to stay on task more by cooperating and collaborating with him. I learned that I would love to be an entrepreneur, and the great thing is I always have dreams and ideas about different, even somewhat odd things that haven’t been invented yet. I am also very interested in anything that has to do with sports, I know that if I worked in sports, I would be the type of person that would wake up every morning and look forward to going to work.

I believe I learned the most about being an entrepreneur in this class. As defined in the book on page 4 as, “A person that risks time and money to start and manage a business.” I learned that being an entrepreneur is not an easy task; it takes one hundred percent commitment to your business, because you have your own money invested in it, and usually all of it. I am used to never giving up, so I believe that being an entrepreneur would be just like living my life on the football field. Overcoming adversity and never giving up to it. In the article I read relating to being an entrepreneur, there are pro’s and con’s to being an entrepreneur. You have the time to start your own business, but you probably won’t have the amount of money that you really want to start your business or at least keep it afloat.

WORK CITED

· http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/220673

No comments: