Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final

In Business and Society I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about how businesses are ran. What I have learned about myself is that I had no idea about businesses when I thought I knew enough to run one. The only thing that I knew a descent about businesses is sports bars and I also knew the best way to keep employees happy and work harder. The sports bar that I worked at worked us hard but they would give us rewards and the environment in the kitchen was always positive. But the things I learned in the class were endless. One thing that sticks out in my head is S.W.O.T. It stands for strengths, weakness, Opportunities and Threats. With this now stored in my knowledge, I know what to do if I wanted to start my own business. I would know the right things to run a successful business. Another thing that I have learned which as also thought I knew a lot was just general ethics. I thought working hard and doing the right thing you would get treated right. But I was wrong; there are a lot of things behind the scenes about managers or business owners taking advantage of their workers. I guess there are very few people that are a good businessman and that are good to there employees. Another is from the entrepreneur project that we had to do for a class project with a friend. We had Tyler Perry and Steven Spielberg and we learned the type of personalities that they have. But the whole class also had the same personality. They were all self-motivators and if they did not reach their goal the first time, they would keep on trying until they succeeded. They also started out small and did the little jobs before they went big. This year in Business and Society has been an adventure and I have learned a lot to say the least. All the projects that we have done have been a huge help to my business knowledge and in taking the right steps to start one.

No comments: