Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Semester In Review

During this semester in Business and Society I have learned many things about the subject and myself. Such things I have learned about my self is that to become an entrepenuer takes a lot of thought and skill. I assumed that one could just enter a field, and take it on full force just because they wanted to, and become succesful but this was not the case. To become an entrepenuer one must have a set plan and be able to execute it within their guidelines. Without this its as if the individual is setting themselves up for failure, this is one of the things I remember when enrolling in this course. I also learned about S.W.O.T. SWOT is Strength Weakness Oppurtunities and Threats. The reasoning for me remembering this is it can be applied for most things in life whether its sports or or jobs. For the most part, I also beleive that this class helped my public speaking just with the two presentations. I'm a very talkative person, but at the same time presentations are one of my weak points. When getting the rubric handed back to me I understood what I had to do to fix myself and to better my self. Lastly, I understand what it now takes to pursue a career in business, although this is not where i see my self going in life, i do understand what it takes and maybe later down in life if the oppurtunity presents its self i might make a move to run and own a business. Thanks to this semester i also got to learn more about Nike and the two entrepenuers i did my presentation on. I know that with out this class i wouldnt of found any of this information on my own. Tyler Perry and Steven Spielberg were the two entrepenuers i did my presentation on and the information gathered suprised me. I found out so much that i never knew. All in all I thouroughly enjoyed this first semester at Nichols College and Business and Society. I strongly recommend this class to anyone who is interested in learning the basic priniciples of Business.

No comments: