Monday, December 12, 2011


Hillary White
Professor Fleury-Lawson
Business and Society
12/12/11
Reflection
In this course, Business and Society I learned many things
that I was not knowledgeable with before. I learned a lot about entrepreneurship.
This is “A person that risks time and money to start and manage a business.” I
learned that being an entrepreneur is not an easy task; it takes one hundred
percent commitment to your business, because you have your own money invested
in it, and usually all of it. I did a
group project on Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey and I learned a lot about
what they do and there business. I learned about their success, obstacles and
personal life. I thought that project was not only interesting, but fun to do. This
has helped me understand more clearly the true work an entrepreneur. They first
have to create a great idea and then market the product to their customers.
Such as Ellen came up with The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Oprah came up with the
Oprah Winfrey show. They were both very popular talk show host. That is just where it starts because they then
need to then manage their company which is where most people fail because they
are unable to manage the economic aspect of their business. Overall I now feel
more comfortable on knowing what exactly what an entrepreneur does in the business
world.
In this course I also learned just overall general business.
I learned how to start, run, and manage a business and all the other aspects of
running your own business. I learned about the requirements and the facts. I
learned about how to get started and what’s the right business for you. I also
learned about small business owners and how they got started and most of them
started out just as a college student like I am today. They all had to work their
way up to reach their goal and where they wanted to be. And I plan to do the same.
Although this course has not given me
enough information to pursue the work force yet, it is a great step towards my
future in the working world.
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/todays-chicago-woman/2010/01/the-dawn-of-the-new.html

No comments: