Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Course Evaluation

In Business and Society I learned a lot about Enturpership by listening to all the people that made it by starting with so little. Even though these people started with little they could do it because they had the drive and made people believe in them. The most interesting Enturper has to be the Mark Zuckerberg we didn't go over him in the book but someone did a presentation on him. Mark was just a college student but he wanted to make it big and came up with facebook and now its on of the most popular sites on the web. All of the presentations really helped me see that if you have a dream to do something than you can do it and that was the most interesting part. The group project helped me learn how to work with other people and how to spilt the work evenly. All these things will help me in the real word because if I need to work with someone I will be able to know how to. I don't want to start my own business but if one of my friends is trying to I could give them pointers.

Another thing I learned was the four functions of management. Planning, organizing, leading and controlling they help with learning about a business and how to take care of it. This shows how managers plan out what they want their employees to be working on during their time at work. Organizion shows how the managers organize their company and what they should do to keep everything from fall apart. The leading part of being a manager is very big because it shows that you have the leadership skills to take control of the situation and give everyone else direction. Controlling is important people not too controlling because in a good business the managers let their employees make some choices its all about controlling what should be going on. These functions will help me because I plan on being a band manager and these points are what I need to be able to manage the right way.

I liked this course because I do want to be in the managing part of business and it gives me great idea's to work up to what I want to do.

There are some news worthy articles:

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/business/index.html

There are about 4 or 5 different articles on this page ^

No comments: