Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What I learned

Mike Bane

Business and Society

HW 10

12/13/11

Business and Society was a class that was put on my schedule as a required. But after a few weeks I started to really like it. I become a lot more interested in business after I saw how easy it is to be successful when you have a good plan and a good idea of your field. I learned so much about entrepreneurship and how to start your own business. After learning about this I realized this is what I want to do for my career. I want to start my own lacrosse club organization. After learning some key factors about starting a business I think one day this could become a reality.

The next thing I learned was franchising. I learned that franchising is a great way for someone to run their own business without coming up with their own idea. Franchising is mostly used in big business chains but maybe if my lacrosse organization is very successful then I could expand and have a few regions.

The last important thing I learned in this class was, Human Resources. Human Resources are a very important part of business because it helps run your business from the inside. It helps hire, train, and even fire people. More importantly Human Resources help your business run smoothly. It helps people in the business work out problems and issues that arise inside the business.

These three factors are things that are very helpful in the business world and things that I'm so glad I learned about in this class. I will take all of the lessons I have learned in this class and hope I can use them in my career. One day maybe I can look back at Business and Society and think it was my first and maybe most important business class I took at Nichols College.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBbxKkYTRw

1 comment:

Sean Coates said...

Michael I like what you had to say in your blog post. We had a lot of similarities in both of our posts. I really like what you had to say about franchising because I too think it is a great way for people to become successful business people. I think your dream of a lacrosse club organization could be a very lucrative one for you. I completely agree with your view on human resource management. They are what keeps a company running smoothly.