Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coca-Cola by Carter Rouleau


This Coca-Cola commercial, entitled "Open Happiness", was released in 2011.  This Coke ad has many Pros and very few cons in my opinion.  In this ad the people are all partying in the ocean with coca-cola.  They let the audience know that today is a new day and that you should spend it drinking coke and partying with friends.  This commercial is supposed to make the consumer happy and to associate happiness with coca-cola.  The music is also very joyful and hip.  The lyrics in the song also help to create the mood.  The only cons that I could think of is confusion.  If I were to watch this commercial for the first time, I would be confused by the coca-cola bottle that is blowing air and making them flout.  Although I do think that this is a good commercial and I think that it will attract more customers. 

1 comment:

Hillary White said...

When I watched the Coca-Cola commercial that this person chooses to write about I thought that it was a very well-advertised commercial. The energy and the music really makes this commercial appealing and really attracts viewers. I do agree with this person that this commercial can make viewers happy and want to buy Coca-Cola. I also somewhat agree with this person that the commercial is confusing. I wouldn’t necessarily say that it’s confusing. Although I would say that there is a lot going on, but that can also be a pro because it can make the viewer’s very excited and this commercial is defiantly eye-catching. After watching this commercial, might actually make someone want to go out and get them a refreshing Coca-Cola. Overall, I thought this person did a good job at describing their commercial that they choose to write about.