Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daniel Snyder HW4 Franchises - MAACO

I took the franchising interactive self-test online and according to the survey, “Franchising has some attraction, but you have some doubts that need to be carefully considered”. Prior to taking this online self-test I knew that I didn’t want to open a franchise. However if I was to open a franchise, it would most likely be a sport related franchise. I looked through the, “Franchise Business Directory” on the same website as the online self-test, and the sport related franchises didn’t gain my interest. I continued to look through the list of franchises and if I had to choose between one of them, it would be MAACO. MAACO is a franchise that focuses on automotive products and services. The required capital to invest is $90,000. But in order to be an owner of a MAACO one will have to invest roughly between $100,001 and $200,000 total. They offer a world class, comprehensive training program along with startup and ongoing operating support and assistance. MAACO’s typically deals with automotive paint and collision repairs. MACCO is also the leader in the automotive paint and collision industry and dominates the automotive cosmetic paint market share at more than 45 percent. MACCO currently has about 500 shops open worldwide and is expanding. Back when I was in high school, a lot of my friends attended a vocational school for auto mechanics. Where they learned a lot about cars and trucks, and taught me nearly everything I know about cars and trucks. I gained some knowledge about auto mechanics as they were always working on their cars and trucks. I was with them when they were changing their oil, putting a new exhaust on, replacing a cool air intake or putting a new clutch in. They would always guide me through the process and teach me new things about cars. Personally, I wouldn’t mind being the owner of a MAACO franchise, even though it is not my dream job. My friends from back home got me interested in auto mechanics, and I enjoy learning about cars and the way they work. MAACO franchises are in demand because they offer a solid plan for business ownership in addition to training, support and fine-tuned systems that only a company with their track record can offer. With MAACO franchises in demand, franchisees of MAACO should have good job security.

No comments: