Sunday, October 9, 2011

Subway

The company that I decided to get information about franchising is Subway. They are a food franchise with a required capital to invest from $80,00 to $310,000 and there total investment is from $50,001 to $100,000. One of the most well know food franchises out there with 35,146 restaurant and are also located in 98 different countries around the world. Subway has offered entrepreneur opportunities for 40 years. Now Subway has a very big reputation, not only for their very health food at a good price but for making their customer pick what they want on there sub and get to watch employees make it right in front of them. Customer services is very big to them and this is one way they show it to the customers so they can see where there food has been coming from. Now the firm may have an idea on where you could start a company in an area but if you can show them a plan on where you are going to have it, and why you think it will be a profitable spot to have it then they may go with where you want to have your store. But before that, the franchisees would have to do a background check to see that you are a reliable person with money and if you have a record or not. I would be like going to a bank and trying to get a loan. They are not just going to give it to you. They will do a background check and then look at your credit score and see if you pay your bills on time or if you are person that just miss paying bills or things that would show that you would not be a reliable person to pay money back. This industry does seem very interesting to me but the thing at would probably effect me at first is putting all time into the company to get it started. I know I would have to do it to get it started and that does not bother me. It is just I do not want to lose touch with my family from working twenty four seven. And for me I would not be able to have one in my town because all there is, is restaurant left and right. But maybe one day in another state I could start one.

3 comments:

Carter Rouleau said...

I think that owning a Subway franchise could be a good investment, although, you would have to make sure that the store that you are looking to own is in a desirable location. If it is not in a desirable location than you could lose money faster than you gain it. You would also have to factor in the competition around the area, such as Diangelo's, and other sub and food stores around the area in which you are trying to purchase a Subway. If you do so and you still believe that it would be a great location to open up shop, then I would go for it.

ShaunDelaney said...

I beleive that investing in a Subway is a great idea. Fast Food resturants now a days are usually associated as unhealthy. Thanks to Subway it is easy for consumers to grab a quick meal and not have to suffer their health. Our generation is so concerned about their weight, and Subway uses this to their advantage. Subway targets these individuals in their marketing program, by proclaiming how much weight can be lost aftering eating their food. I can't watch the television without seeing a commercial for Subway, and the thing about these commercials is that they star pro-athletes. These athletes help the franchises by starring as role models for the american civilians. I feel as though owning a Subway would bring profits to the owner of the franchiser easily. Cold cuts and supplies used for Subs I beleive to be very cheap, especially when buying in wholesale. The ammount of the the subs sold are usually much more money than how much the cold cuts are bought for. Investing in a Subway is a very smart way to approach the franchising world.

Nicole Gajewski said...

I also agree that Subway is a good investment, but dealing with fast food means you have to be super clean, the food should always stay fresh, and that customer service will have to be excellent. If you don’t meet the requirements maybe a fast food place isn’t that great of an idea. I also feel that Subway is not as great as it once was, which leads me to think other people are probably thinking the same way. The profit you will gain will be generous, if it’s in the right location. If you were to invest in franchising a Subway, I would look in the negatives more than positives.