Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coca-Cola


Hillary White
Professor Fleury-Lawson
Business and Society
October 25, 2011



Coca-Cola is a 67 billion dollar empire. There are 500
different brands and is 123 years in the making. The commercial I decided to
write about is where this young guy is sleeping in a hut out in the safari and
sleep walks all across the safari and then comes across a fridge with Coca-Cola
in it and he reaches for it, takes a sip and just enjoys it.
I thought this commercial was just decent advertising. If I
was someone who had no idea what Coca-Cola was, then after watching this
commercial I would still be confused. It didn’t really describe how it taste
and how it would refresh you. In marketing, you need to very specific and clear
when your advertising your products so your viewers will get a good feel for
what message you are trying to put out there for them and why they should buy
your product. The idea is to convince the viewer to buy your products and this
commercial wasn’t too convincing to me.
The pros of this commercial were that it did have some good
points. Like the sound the guy made when he drank the bottle of Coca-Cola, it
made it seem that the drink was very refreshing. I also noticed that when he
was walking through the safari all the animals were trying to catch him and
just see what he was doing. It shows their curious. This commercial doe’s make viewers
curious to see what is Coca-Cola and how does it taste. That’s another good pro
to this ad. This ad also has very good music to it and can really catch someone’s
attention. Also just by having music and animal noises can really catch a viewer’s
attention instead of using words. Not everyone likes those boring commercials
were its just two people ranting on and on about the product they are trying to
advertise. Overall I thought this commercial had some good points and had some
good eye catchers, although I do think they should have facts about Coca-Cola
to make this commercial even better.

1 comment:

Alley Euglow said...

Hillary, I really enjoyed your Blog on Coca-Cola and your YouTube video. I think it is absolutely amazing that Coca-Cola is a 67 billion dollar empire and there are 500 different brands. I can’t believe it is 123 years in the making either. I thought your commercial choice was funny. I agree, I do not think this commercial was the best of Coca-Cola’s advertisement. I would also still be very confused after this commercial if I did not know what Coca-Cola was. I think you are right, it was not clear or specific and that leads to confusion. This commercial was not convincing for me to go out and buy a Coca-Cola which is the purpose of advertising. I also agree that the sounds are very effective and made this drink seem very refreshing. I think the music was really interesting and would draw people in and they fact that there is little to no talking makes this commercial stand out. Overall, I would have to agree with you, this commercial was decent, but not one of Coca-Cola’s best commercials.