Friday, October 7, 2011

GNC

The franchise I have chosen is GNC. GNC is a supplement and vitamin store in which you can buy products that range from daily vitamins to whey protein. GNC stands for General Nutrition Standard and it has been a leader in nutrient supplements for 76 years. The startup cost for a GNC can range from a required capital of $85,000-$100,000 to a total investment of $100,001-$200,000. I am willing to take a risk in this company because I feel that in today’s society many people are focused on their health so there will be an increase in people taking vitamins to keep themselves healthy. This provides a business opportunity with limited chance of failing because everyone wants to live a long healthy life and through GNC they are able to do that; so for this reason I feel that the chance of failure is extremely low. A low chance of failure should make every franchisee excited because this is how they make their money. A franchisee is the person who buys into the company by buying a franchise.  Another reason is that in all the information I have read plus my personal experiences visiting the store I have acknowledged that the people that work at GNC are well informed about their products and provide you friendly service. Another reason I would be willing to invest in starting a franchise in GNC, is that I have used their products before. I visit the store just about every other month to get more protein. I have always been satisfied with the products I have bought from them and would be willing to branch out and start my own store.  Some facts to support my case is that GNC has been ranked the number one vitamin retail franchise for twenty-two consecutive years and in 2011 they were ranked number forty in franchise 500. Some background information on GNC is that it opened in 1935 and began franchising in 1988. Terms of agreement last for 10 years and the royalty fee is 6 percent.  All of this information makes it seem like a no brainer to start a GNC franchise.  
http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp visit this websight to recieve more information about GNC and the products it sells.

No comments: