Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mike Bane- Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness

After completing the Franchising Self-Test I found out that owning a franchise would actually be a great fit for me to make money because I agreed with almost all of the questions on the test. Franchising is “the right to use a specific business’s name and sell its product or services in a given territory” (pg. 131). This when a franchisee buys the rights and opens there own franchise. For an example, if I were to open a Burger King in my town I would be considered a franchisee.

To me I think opening a franchise is a great business decision for an entrepreneur. It has less risk than opening your own business from scratch because the franchise has already established themselves to the public and have a better chance of making profit than a company who hasn’t.

As I scanned the searching tool I looked for a business that interests me, and also one that I think has a good chance of succeeding. For me that was Anytime Fitness. I’ve always dreamed of opening my own gym and I think anytime fitness has a great business plan. Nearly a million people a year join health clubs every year, raising memberships to 41.3 million people nationwide. The number is likely to grow due to the increasing number of corporate wellness programs and health insurance incentives. Anytime Fitness believes that the majority of those people will come to their company because it is a 24-hour, co-ed gym. The idea of the 24-hour gym is all for convienence of the customers. The gym is convienent and cheap, which is what everyone looks for in a gym. The business is able to be open 24-hours a day because of their proprietary access software, security, and surveillance technology. This has great security cameras, which helps the business keep a smaller staff. The requirement to opening your own gym is a $13,500-$70,000 capital to invest. The total investment to open your own anytime fitness is, $25,001- $50,000. Although this amount is very high, if you are confident in Anytime Fitness I think this investment could be very profitable in the end.

On this website I found general information but If I wanted to find out specific legal information and the specifics on where the opportunities are and how the company would train me to open my own Franchise. After reading this info on Anytime Fitness I would be interested in opening my own but I would defiantly have to find out more specifics about opening my own franchise before I make a decision.

No comments: