Thursday, October 13, 2011

Steve Jobs

After watching the first video on Steve Jobs at his speech at the 2005 Stanford University graduation, I am inspired on where to take myself in life. I am not saying I am going to drop out of college or that I have any cool stories that he does. I mean that if I am not happy in life and tell myself that every day, do be afraid to change even if it means taking risks and doing something out of the ordinary. Before watching this video I knew nothing about Steve Jobs but I had heard the name. Hearing his stories surprised me that he was adopted and that his parents didn’t want him. Not to be stereotypical but I always assumed that successful people came from successful backgrounds. Also I thought before watching this video that you had to having a high school diploma and graduate college to land a high paying job. The most important management lesson I learned was to keep going through the tough times and fight through them because there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. For instance, when he got fired from apple and then made his own company called Next, then further down the road Apple bought his company and he got his job back. They lesson I learned from Steve Job was the connecting the dots saying. You never look into the future and connect the dots cause you never know what the future holds, you always connect if the past.

The second video was a great tribute to Steve Jobs and his death. He told everyone not to mourn over his
death but to celebrate the accomplishment he had through his life. He suffered from Pancreatic Cancer and from an early age did not have the cookie-cutter family at home. All this did not stop him and he still created technology that no one needed at the time but today we could not live without. I would not even be typing this blog post if it wasn’t for him and his creations.


1 comment:

Hillary White said...

After reading this persons blog post I found out how much they learned about Steve Jobs just by watching two videos about him. I found out this person was also very inspired by his speech that he gave at Stanford University in 2005. I also did agree with this person about thinking that in order to be successful that you have to come from a successful background. But after reading and watching everything I learned about Steve Jobs I do not agree with that at all. We both agreed that you need a college degree in order to have a high paying job now a day. I also liked that this person included this quote by Steve Jobs, “You never look into the future and connect the dots cause you never know what the future holds, you always connect if the past”. Overall I thought this person did a great job at describing the life that Steve Jobs had and all of his accomplishments.